Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 8 - Flawed, Fabulous, and 41

It's been a little over one week on my juicing journey and I am feeling great. I lost 7 pounds this week and even though one or two came back, overall I lost a total of 4 inches - one from my thighs, one off my bodacious tatas, one off the "no longer expanding" waist, and one off the ole hips. I am feeling fabulous. I spent the day at Mount Vernon with my husband's aunt. Boy, what an amazing place!

Tonight my boys wanted to go out for a birthday dinner to celebrate with mommy. I agreed and we went to Ruby Tuesday's. I ordered the chicken fresca which has the least amount of calories on the menu. I asked for steamed green beans, too. I was doing great until the waitress, a former student of mine, brought over dessert. She had written Happy Birthday in chocolate just for me, her favorite teacher EVER. I let the boys eat most of it.

It was a long day, but a good one. Here is a picture of me taken by my 5 year old. I look tired and my makeup was worn off, but I'm happy.

So tomorrow I am back on the juice and I plan to drink nothing but juice until Labor Day. Plus, I plan to really up the exercise. Wish me luck.

Here are some pictures of my groceries and my mason jars. They are great for storing the juice!

5 comments:

  1. You're looking great, Devon. Happy birthday to you! You've given yourself the best gift of all - a new perspective, mindful to your health & well-being. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I am feeling great. Can't wait to try some of the juice you bought me!

      Delete
  2. You look amazing, and you did great at RT staying away from temptation! I haven't been to Mount Vernon since our 8th grade trip. I found pics from that recently at my parents - but I promise not to post any on FB, bahaha! Let's just the say the mid-80s were not kind to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. I'm giving it my best effort. Do not want to fail this time. :)

      Delete