Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 1

Actually started August 4th, 2013 but just beginning this blog today.

So it's day 1 and I've committed to this new way of living. It's pretty darn radical, I must say. I'm feeling energized. I made it until 6 p.m. before I really started feeling hungry and wanted to eat everything in the house. Watching TV didn't help because it seems like every commercial is for food. I didn't want to cheat so I went to bed at 8:30!

Tip: Mason Jars are perfect for storing juices! Make sure to scoop out some of the foam so that it doesn't oxide as fast. You can see from the jar on the far right that I didn't get all the foam, so I will drink this today to make sure it's still good. These juices will keep for 24 hours.
Recipes (all made in the Breville Fountain Plus Juicer)

Devon's Yummy Breakfast

Big handful of Blueberries

1/2 Lemon

1Pear

1Peach

2 Apples

3 big handfuls of spinach

Green Shit (sorry about the name but it's kinda fitting)

6 leaves of kale

1Cucumber

3 Celery (not too much)

Small amount of ginger

1/2 lemon

2 apples

1Pear

Eric's Red Shit (again, sorry about the name but we've got to have a sense of humor about this!)

3 carrots

1/2 lemon

2 celery

1 red pepper

Small amount of ginger (about 1 inch)

No comments:

Post a Comment