Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 12 - Encouragement & New Baby!

185.4 - 7 pounds down.

Ok, so I lost 7 pounds in the first 7 days, but then as you know I ate on my birthday. I felt bloated and definitely retained water even though I tried to make good choices. I spent a couple days at 188. Boo. Sad face. However, I kept on drinking my juice and getting my fanny on the treadmill. Today I am finally back down the 7 pounds and a couple ounces more. Feeling good.

I want to say something today about encouragement. It is so important to feel the love and support coming from family and friends when you endeavor to do something this drastic. At first there were many skeptics and also many who were just concerned or worried about me not eating or about my blood sugars. Both skeptic and worriers were to be expected. Then there were the friends who said - YES, go for it, girl. It's like being in a race and having all these people who believe in you cheering you on along the way. When it gets tough, they remind you to push on, be a futurist, keep going. And, this juicing thing - MY juicing journey - has already started inspiring people and that is awesome. If I can inspire just ONE person to get healthier, then I will be super proud.

This quote was on the wall at the doctor's office. It's not necessarily about encouragement, but I thought it was fitting because even though I was up a few pounds, I kept on going.


One more thing to add about today - today we brought a new baby into the family. It's name - the Breville Elite commercial juicer. Yes, that's right folks, we upgraded to the Mack Daddy of all juicers. Stainless steel and titanium - oh my hubby was drooling just saying the word titanium.

Thanks for reading, and thank you to all my friends and family for helping me stay positive and focused on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment