Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 6 - It's a God Thing

187 - no weight lost since yesterday.

Today I woke up and felt horrible. My head was pounding and my throat was hurting. I needed to just go back to sleep. It didn't help that I didn't lose any weight. So I slept until noon, got up and had a real heart-to-heart talk with my hubby.

Here are just some of his little pearls of wisdom: Weight is NOT the issue - it is the RESULT. (Wow, how brilliant is that?) The problem is in your head. It's how you think about food. You now have a new understanding of how food works and what your body needs (through watching these awesome documentaries: "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and "Hungry for Change"). It's no coincidence that you are on this journey right now - it's a GOD thing. God is in control - not us! You have a sickness. You have to heal your brain or else you will just put the weight right back on again like you have so many times. You put food in the wrong priority. (Boy he is right about that!) Revel in the fact that you didn't lose weight (wait, what?) because it is not the "end all" - go pray, go run, go read, go do something else. This means you have to deal with all the steps of the process, not just skip to the end. It's forcing you to do it the right way and learn this time. The key is - you have to get right in your head.

Isn't he amazing? And damn it if he isn't right. Through this incredible dialogue we are also sharpening each other (it's biblical! LOL) and strengthening each other the way God wants us to as a married couple. It's so special to have such an amazing partner to walk through life with. Again I say, it's a God thing.

Full disclosure - last night I made a veggie soup that we did not juice. Basically I threw in tomatoes, onions, zucchini, green beans, peas, lima beans, and carrots along with 2 bay leaves, some dill and some parsley. I let that simmer for one hour and then put it in the blender. It needed a little salt and pepper, but was pretty darn tasty.

We are finding that there are not any rules to this "juicing" thing which is partly good and partly bad. It's easier not to break the rules when the rules are specifically laid out for you. But, since this is a lifestyle and not, I repeat not, a diet, we need to be able to make choices. It was a choice to make soup instead of juice the vegetables. Heck, it was a choice to make gazpacho instead of juice. Now maybe those choices have led to me not dropping as much weight as I wanted in the first 6 days, but those are both completely all-natural, all veggie, all homemade great foods that will nourish our bodies and minds. So I'm good with that.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good for Eric! That's a lot of insight & wisdom. He's 100% right, too, about having to relearn how - & why - to eat. Stupid brains, don't you wish you could just zap the broken bits away? I'm really proud of both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete