Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 36 - Girl on Fire!

Today I am feeling absolutely exhilarated. Last night I registered for my first 5k, Laps for Lexi. Lexi was the 8 year old daughter of a police officer friend of my hubby's. She was the most alive, most beautiful, spirited little princess who died of cancer five years ago. This will be the 4th annual running of Laps for Lexi. It's the perfect start to my 5k future. So at 8:00 a.m. this morning I laced up my brand new running shoes, the Saucony Triumphs, and hit the pavement. I normally run on the treadmill in my basement and I do not do any incline. Well running outside was WAY different. The inclines were difficult and my shins were burning. I thought about giving up a few times in the beginning, but then my muscles were warming up and I started feeling stronger. My music is a HUGE help when I am running. At one point "Girl on Fire' by Alicia Keys came on - a song that used to annoy me. Guess what - it is my new anthem! I am on fire - my life is SO much healthier, I am stronger mentally and physically, and everything is falling into place. This journey is amazing. Why didn't I do this years ago? Guess I wasn't ready. Nothing can stop me now.

Not sure how far I ran yet, but I was gone for an hour! Going to map my route in a few minutes. Have an awesome Sunday, friends!

1 comment: